26th Annual Optimist Fall Series
Join us for the annual Optimist Fall Series where sailors from all over the tri-state area have raced together for over 25 years. Whether it's your first season of racing or one of many we encourage everyone to get on the water. All sailors launch from the Dinghy Shop's private beach in Amityville and race on the Great South Bay. Family and friends can watch the racing from the comfort of our waterfront pad complete with picnic tables, tent, and facilities.
Racing will take place on the following Sundays
- 10/22 - Awards / Rain Date
- 12:00PM - Sailing Center Opens
- 12:30PM - Optimist Harbor Start
- 1:00PM - First Gun
- No Races Begin After 3:30PM
- Debrief to follow after sailors arrive back at the center
- $180.00 Pre-Registration Until 8/31/23
- $200.00 Late Registration After 8/31/23
- $35.00 Single Day Registration
- Charter boats may be available on a first come first served basis. Contact us ASAP for availibility and pricing.
- There are coach boats on the water during racing but they are only there to offer advice to sailors as they make their way around the course. The series is open to beginner sailors who have enough experience to make their way around the course. There are no dedicated coaches available during racing.
- All sailors who register for the full series may leave their boats at the sailing center for the duration of the series. Boats must be removed from the center by 10/22/23, boats left after 10/22 will be charged for winter storage.