Epoxy Putty Stick
The Epoxy Putty Stick should be in every boat owner's gear bag. This stick is a hand kneadable material that mixes in just 1 minute for fast emergency or permanent repairs on fiberglass, wood, metal, and plastic surfaces. It will even cure underwater.
After mixing, you have about 5 - 7 minutes of work time to complete the repair. Within 30 minutes, the repair cures hard. Within one hour the repair can be sanded, filed, drilled, tapped, or painted.
- Twist or cut off the required amount.
- To mix, knead with fingers until color changes (about 1 minute). Keep hands wet with water during mixing to prevent material from sticking to skin.
- Apply to surface to be repaired (works best if applied within 2 minutes of mixing). The mixed epoxy does not exhibit high bond strength at this point. Force material into any cracks or holes to be filled and remove any excess.
- When applying to a damp, wet, or slowly leaking area, work the material forcefully into the surface and apply pressure until adhesion begins to take affect.
- For a smooth appearance of the cured compound, hadnrub with water or a damp cloth prior to hardening. Remove excess material before hardening begins. After 5-10 minutes, the epoxy will harden and form a tenacious bond. After 60 minutes, the item can be put back into service.