The Dinghy Shop is proud to host Steve and Cindy Scherrer for an ACA Instructor Certification Workshop this May 31st - June 2nd. The workshop will cover paddling skills, technical knowledge, teaching skills, rescue ability, safety, leadership, and judgement. If you think you're ready to become an ACA Certified Instructor and want to help beginners grow into the sport, then this is the course for you.
Successful candidates will be certified to teach ACA Level 1: Introduction to SUP and Level 2: Essentials of SUP courses.
There are only 10 spots available so please sign up ASAP
In order to participate in an ICW an Instructor Candidate must satisfy the following essential eligibility criteria:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be a current ACA member (Membership dues $40 annually)
- Be able to independently complete all skills, activities and rescues listed in the appropriate ACA Certification Course Outline and Instructor Criteria documents Available Here
- Must have and maintain Red Cross First Aid and CPR Certification
- Need SUP, leash, and paddle (All are available to rent from the Dinghy Shop)
- ACA Instructors manual (available through the ACA website)
This course will be conducted whether the sun is out, or snow is coming down; please plan to get wet regardless. Please be prepared to paddle and teach in a wide range of conditions.